FOM16-MUX is a new generation carrier-grade STM-4/16 Compact ADM SDH device. It is an ideal space-saving,
multi-service cross-connect platform for the migration to multiservice networks and designed to meet medium
or high capacity bandwidth service demands in access layer applications.
FOM16-MUX integrates carrier-grade, next-generation SDH functionality and TDM aggregation with advanced,
Layer 2 packet-switching features. These features allow service providers to support new broadband services,
such as Ethernet Services (E-Line, E-LAN), and 3G/4G mobile services, as well as transport-oriented services
such as TDM private lines, over a single aggregation multiservice platform.
FOM16-MUX can be configured as a Terminal Multiplexer (TM) or Add/Drop Multiplexer (ADM) with up to 6x SFP
Fiber Modules, 10x Ethernet 10/100/1000 Ports, 84x E1 ports. E1 interfaces in any slot with 2 hot-swappable
trunk interfaces at STM-16 rate. FOM16-MUX is capable of aggregating Ethernet traffic from any remote node in
a ring into the central office node to provide Ethernet private LAN over a WAN in a mesh logic topology.
FOM16-MUX has 3 interface modules:
24E1R - 24 channels of E1 or T1 using SCSI expansion connectors (2xSCSI) at $550 each.
QSTM4 - Quad channel of STM-1/4 SFP Slots at $530 each.
LCAS6 - 4 channels of GbE switch + 2 channel bridge GbE EoS LCAS(6xRJ45) at $530 each.
▪ 2 SFP cages for fiber modules with STM-4/16 support
▪ 4x 1G Ethernet tributary ports
▪ 12x E1 tributary ports
▪ 3 Slots to support combinations of traffics in a 1U-height box:
― 4 STM SFP cage card (QSTM). Maximum 1 card.
― 6 Port Ethernet tributary card (6GbE). Maximun 1 card.
― 24-ports Ethernet tributary card (24E1). Maximum 3 cards.
▪ ADM (Ring) / Point-to-Multi-point (Star) and Point-to-Point topologies supported
▪ Hot swappable fiber optical cards with optional 1+1 automatic protection switching (APS) for optical links
▪ Automatic Laser Shutdown (ALS) based on ITU-T G.958/G.664
▪ Stratum 4/4E clock accuracy supported
▪ Ethernet traffic is encapsulated and transported over SDH using Generic Framing Procedure (GFP) & Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) and with support for LCAS
▪ Powerful Cross Connection table for VC-4/VC-3/VC-12 levels:
― 82 VC-4
― 48 VC-3
― 504 VC-12
▪ SNCP supported in VC-4/VC-3/VC-12 levels
▪ Linear MSP 1+1 supported in point-to-point application
▪ E-Line / EVP-Line / E-LAN supported
▪ Data Communication Channel for remote control and upgrade
▪ 1 Engineering Order-Wire (EOW) port using E1 byte
▪ Various network management interfaces: RS-232 / Ethernet
▪ 1+1 Redundant AC/DC power modules provided with load-sharing
▪ 4 Timing Sources: free run, fiber lines, external clocks w/wo SSM, E1 Line Card
▪ 2 External Clock Inputs (E1 SSM, E1 SSM-fixed or 2048 KHz B.I.T.S)
▪ 2 External Clock Outputs (2048 Kbps or 2048 KHz)
▪ DHCP Client / Telnet for NMS port
▪ HTTP web-based GUI Management
▪ SNMP V1/V2C (optional)