FRM220-FXO-4 and FRM220-FXS-4 are 4 channels POTS over fiber converters. The POTS connection uses a standard RJ-11C modular connectors for each copper pair connection. A pair of the FRM220 POTS fiber converter is required to implement an end to end system. FXO mode connects to a telephone line (PSTN) or PBX station line and has ability to detect ringing voltages and to act as a telephone. FXS mode is the reciprocal unit and has ability to act as PSTN and connects to a telephone device. When the FRM220 POTS fiber converter card is placed in the FRM220 rack with SNMP management, in-band management allows configuring and viewing the card and remote converter's status, type, version, fiber link status, on hook status and alarms. When placed in a single slot chassis and used standalone without management, the card may be configured by DIP switch.
Please read this Data Sheet
▪ Extend telephone voice transmission up to 120km over fiber
▪ Network management via terminal, web or SNMP in FRM220 chassis
▪ Supports telephone voice transmission
▪ Supports caller ID Pass-Through
▪ Supports FXS to FXS hot line